Tuesday, January 26, 2016

New Idea .. January 25

My idea for my "new work" is more colorful and bubbly I hope. I want my artwork to reflect me in a way that is understandable to others. I want my artwork to still be abstract and freely done I just want to add color to my work to open up a new "chapter" of art. I am slowly learning that color is not childish and immature because so many famous artist use color in their day to day artwork. Color can be very sophisticated and even help portray a piece of art work better. The thought of using color and seeing it on my work does kind of scare me, but I think once I do it and use it I will learn to enjoy it. I like the look of color in my work when its not a particular day to day object. I could not picture myself sitting down with a apple infant of me just painting it. I am more of a sit down and paint with color but still play.
This is a couple of pieces I think are neat. Pete Caswell is a great abstract artist that uses color. 
http://www.petecaswell.co.uk/html/colorful_contemporary_abstract.html



3 comments:

  1. I like how you're trying to get out of your comfort zone! Is your work only going to be based on colors, or will conceptual concepts drive your artwork as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good movement. and I think you can take hold of the work we talked about today. Here’s a quote by my professor Greg Eltirngham in grad school that I have taken to heart-”Why you make your work, and the purpose for making that work and showing it is one of the biggest issues you face as a cultural producer. Thinking about meaning can slow or stop process. At the same time you can’t show anything unless you make it, and sometimes you can’t make anything unless it means something to you. That’s why it’s important to think about how your process can help you accumulate work in order to better understand the meaning of what you are making.” I am looking forward to the work ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also please cite your artist and title of work here...always!!!!!!!!!

      Delete